Hi,

I've been trying to set the download destination when adding a torrent
using a magnet link (both from within rtorrent and over XML-RPC) but all
that ends up in that destination is the meta-file. The actual torrent
"contents" go to the default download directory no matter what I do.

It seems that the information set on the meta download isn't carried over
to the regular download when the meta download is destroyed. I poked
through the code a bit and found the location where this happens, but I'm
not sure how to proceeed.
It seems a little bit of information is indeed carried over, but not the
download destination or custom data.

Would it be possible to add a new command to set a meta-file download
destination and use the existing destination path as if this was a regular
.torrent download? If a magnet/meta download has been started, but no
meta-destination has been set, download everything to the regular
destination.

This is a bit annoying when using FlexGet to load magnet links into
rtorrent (custom plugin) as I can't have FlexGet set the destination before
starting the torrent. FlexGet find the "torrent" it wants, remembers the
hash, loads the magnet link into rtorrent (no .torrent file exists), sets
the destination and starts the download using the hash. The download is
added, the destination changes, it gets started, completes, and is written
to the destination, but the new download gets put in the default download
directory. I've got lots of nicely categorized .meta files, but all the
files I really wanted are in a big pile hehe.

It works very well with non-magnet links though.

Regards,
Henrik