"Daniel P. Berrange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> > Can you use the   STREQ   macro here instead of strcmp.
>>
>> Erm... I *could*.. I'm curious, though, why e.g. the similar code right
>> above it doesn't use STREQ if that's the preferred way to do it?
>
> We've been slowly updating code to match these new standards when doing
> patches.

FYI, there's already a test for this, but it's currently disabled.
If someone wants to turn it on (remove the sc_prohibit_strcmp
line from Makefile.cfg) and fix all the new violations exposed
by running "make syntax-check", it sounds like it would be welcome, now.

>> > You can run 'make syntax-check' for check for such issues.
>>
>> Yes, in theory :)  In the real world, however, "make syntax-check" fails
>> horribly here. I'll be fixing that up next.
>
> If you send details to the list,  Jim will no doubt be able to point you
> in the right direction on this...

Yep.  Though most of it is intended to be self explanatory.
If not, please let me know and I'll fix the rules in Makefile.maint.