Hi,

I am not a PERL expert and am looking for some Crypt::SSLeay usage support,
hopefully someone can help me out.

We have a perl trigger script that has been working fine by Rational Change
using http. This script may be called either when a Change Request (CR) is
transitioned or selected attributes are modified. If the CR contains a
reference to a Saleforce.com case, the script sends a message to update the
case status. The script reads configuration information from the
cstrigger.properties file to determine whether the state transition or
attribute change requires a message to be sent to Saleforce and if so
it invokes the 'wget' command to send the status update message. wget is an
open source non-interactive web browser that has been installed on the
Rational Change server.

We are in the process of converting Rational Change to a brand new server
using https. During the testing, I received the following error when the
script is being executed:

LWP will support https URLs if the Crypt::SSLeay module is installed.
More information at <http://www.linpro.no/lwp/libwww-perl/README.SSL>.
Monday, October 22, 2012 10:06:33 PM CDT
ERROR - Failed to show problem: 94. Connection failure: The response as a
string is: 501 (Not Implemented) Protocol scheme 'https' is not supported
(Crypt::SSLeay not installed)
Client-Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 03:06:34 GMT
Client-Warning: Internal response

LWP will support https URLs if the Crypt::SSLeay module is installed.
More information at <http://www.linpro.no/lwp/libwww-perl/README.SSL>.

I googled and found this site:
http://search.cpan.org/~nanis/Crypt-SSLeay-0.64/SSLeay.pm

I had our Unix team installed Crypt::SSLeay and OpenSSL on the brand new
server but I still get the same error above. I believe my trigger script
needs to be updated so it knows where to find the Crypt::SSLeay but I am
very lost even after reading the site I referenced above.

Please let me know if you need any additional information to help, any
assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks and have a great day!!