On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 21:15:19 +0200, Meir wrote:

> The problem is that when I am using ua, it hangs too, forever, and never
> times-out! A ^C is then required to abort it.

What did you set ->timeout() on your LWP::UserAgent object to?

,----[ perldoc LWP::UserAgent ]
| NAME
|        LWP::UserAgent - Web user agent class
|
| SYNOPSIS
|         require LWP::UserAgent;
|
|         my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
|         $ua->timeout(10);
|         $ua->env_proxy;
|
|         my $response = $ua->get('http://search.cpan.org/');
|
| [...]
|
|        $ua->timeout
|        $ua->timeout( $secs )
|            Get/set the timeout value in seconds. The default timeout() value
|            is 180 seconds, i.e. 3 minutes.
|
|            The requests is aborted if no activity on the connection to the
|            server is observed for "timeout" seconds.  This means that the time
|            it takes for the complete transaction and the request() method to
|            actually return might be longer.
`----

How long did you wait? I just tried your script, where I added:

  $mech->timeout(10);

after the line where you create your WWW::Mechanize object, and I got a
time out after 10 seconds.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "And so, after a three minute downpour, he became            Adam Sjøgren
  ludicrously attired for the rest of the day."          a...@koldfront.dk