On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 10:36, Anders Olofsson <fl...@licq.org> wrote:
> It's been a few months since we released 1.3.8 and the 1.3 branch has
> accumulated a bunch of corrections that I think would be nice to deliver to
> our users.

I agree that it's time to release 1.3.9.

> 6) Next 1.3 version after 1.3.9 will be 1.4.0 even though it's delivered
> from the 1.3 branch. Next trunk release will use 1.5.0.

I like this the most. We bump trunk to 1.5.0 and hope that we don't
have to release any more version from the 1.3-branch. But if we have
to, we'll call it 1.4.0.

> Looking at trunk today, I think we're making good progress towards the next
> main release, but much remains to do so I expect at least another 6 months
> before it can make a proper release and if we deliver 1.3.9 now I think it's
> fair to assume we will find more stuff to put in the 1.3 branch before trunk
> is ready.

I think we should try to release trunk earlier. It doesn't have to be
perfect as long as it doesn't break stuff that worked in previous
releases. And I think it is very important to release often to get
people to actually use it and it makes the project look alive.

// Erik

--
Erik Johansson
Home Page: http://ejohansson.se/