Hi!

Anders Olofsson <fl...@licq.org> wrote:
> According to [1], the -session parameter is mandatory. Is there any
> KDE documentation indicating that this should be different for KDE
> applications?

I couldn't find anything in the KApplication docs. However, all KDE
applications only list "--session" as a supported option when called
with "--help-qt".

> Also, now that I look at the current session handling, it will not
> preserve any parameters for other plugins or licq (for example
> basedir) so I think this needs a bigger makeover...

Yes, it looks quite incomplete to me, too. The patch is mainly a
workaround for the two issues.

> The global shortcut works fine with both qt4-gui and kde4-gui here.

Without the patch global shortcuts didn't work at all for me, neither
with kde4-gui nor with pure qt4-gui. I tried several types of key combos
(Meta+I, Ctrl+I, etc.), but they would always go to the window in focus,
not Licq. I'm running Fedora 15 with KDE 4.6.5.

> I'm not against hiding the remote user's time (when unknown or as a
> user setting) but then we loose the typing notification indicator. I'm
> open to suggestions on how to show typing notifications instead.

Well, there is still the contact's name in the tabbar which changes
color in this case (if tabs are enabled), but I get the point. Other
clients often show a temporary "user is typing" at the end of the chat
history. We could also use the pen icon that appears in the contact list
as a notification, placing it where the user time display used to be
(with a flashy background color).

ciao
  Jörg