On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Timothy Perrett <timo...@getintheloop.eu>wrote:

> Im hosting several sites on a single jetty install - its working perfectly
> right now. Are you not familiar with the virtual hosting options in jetty?
> Its pretty well documented on their wiki and will let you host from the
> root
> context.
>
> Someone can correct me if im wrong, but until servlet 3.0 spec comes out, I
> believe were only supporting comet in Jetty. So if your planning a move to
> Glassfish, you'll loose the comet support.

This is absolutely wrong.  Lift supports Comet *NO MATTER WHAT CONTAINER YOU
USE*!!!  (Sorry for jumping up and down on this, but it's very important
that people not think that Lift's features are container dependent.)

Lift takes advantage of Jetty continuations to reduce resource consumption
on the server by not consuming a thread during long polling.  This means
that if you have more than 500 simultaneous connections to a server, it'll
consume a ton of resources on Tomcat and very few on Jetty.

Git some: http://github.com/dpp