You typed "mvn jetty::run" with two colons, is that a typo.

Also, does the console say something like this:
2009-03-29 16:59:13.557::INFO:  No Transaction manager found - if your
webapp requires one, please configure one.
2009-03-29 16:59:15.258::INFO:  Started
selectchannelconnec...@0.0.0.0:8080
[INFO] Started Jetty Server
[INFO] Starting scanner at interval of 5 seconds.

???