On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM, jsm2prof <jsm2p...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Dave,
> Thanks for your suggestions.  Maybe when you understand what I am
> trying to do you will have a different suggestion.

I have the same suggestion, do not create a 4MB Scala source file.  Even if
you can get it to edit in an IDE, it will not compile.  The JVM has a 64K
byte limit per method, so there's no way that you're going to get a 4MB XML
document to compile into a method anyway.

Make the XML data and read it in at run-time.  Use Scala's XML re-write
tools to modify the document before serving it.

Please also see Daniel's excellent comments on this thread.

Thanks,

David

Git some: http://github.com/dpp