My model classes mix-in IdPK and have the following boiler-plate for
equals and hashCode:

class Team extends LongKeyedMapper[Team] with IdPK {

  override def equals (other : Any) = other match {
    case t : Team if t.id.is == this.id.is => true
    case _ => false
  }

  override def hashCode = this.id.is.hashCode
}

I'm pretty sure I acquired this boiler-plate for equals and hashCode
from this Google Group.

Is this implementation for equals and hashCode a good idea?  If so,
shouldn't it be part of the IdPK trait?