Hi all,

Some time ago I was discussing with ZmnSCPxj about how to handle data
deletion for accountable watchtowers such that the tower doesn't have to
store raw proof of deletion for every single deleted item. The gist is
pretty simple, if I send you data and you hand me proof of reception of
such data, if I ask you to delete the data, now you need to keep proof of
deletion, otherwise, I could claim you are not storing the data we agreed
on initially.

This, unsurprisingly, has led to using accumulators (as ZmnSCPxj originally
suggested) to reduce the data storage requirements (especially on the user
side) while being able to prove additions/deletions.

After chatting with Salvatore Ingala and Calvin Kim about it, I've come to
a point where I think this may be solvable in a rather elegant way, so I
have written a draft of what this may look like wrt watchtowers going,
briefly, from what towers are (and what we mean by accountable) to how
accumulators may help with this issue.

If you're curious about either or both, please give it a look :D

https://gist.github.com/sr-gi/f91f007fc8d871ea96ead9b27feec3d5
--
Sergi.