Hello,

I am having a little bit of an issue with bringing up a terminal window
in ubuntu 8.04, I get this message:

id: cannot find name for group ID 406355436

id: cannot find name for group ID 406356137

id: cannot find name for group ID 406366973

id: cannot find name for group ID 406489547

id: cannot find name for group ID 406502285

id: cannot find name for group ID 406505071

id: cannot find name for group ID 406514308

id: cannot find name for group ID 406520996

id: cannot find name for group ID 406521231

id: cannot find name for group ID 406556085

id: cannot find name for group ID 406564373

id: cannot find name for group ID 406629139

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

The thing is that it seems like it takes upto 5 minutes before the
prompt comes up.  Also, when I login locally to the machine, I am
presented with the desktop almost immediately.  Also, when I log onto
the domain:  DOMAINNAME\username, it can take up to five minutes as
well.  The same issue occurs when I try to ssh into the machine with
"putty", the session times out before authentication completes.  I am
thinking that re-installing the OS and likewise-open might help (this
would be my 3rd attempt, 1st time adding to domain was terrible).

Marcus Hartman

International Truck and Engineering | TCTC/IT

260-461-1753 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail, and any attachments
and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the
addressee and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law.  Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited.  This
notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of
any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement.  If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the
original sender.