Hi all,
> \\ is quite more convenient than explicit voices and thus an important
> idiom that makes Lilypond friendlier to the user.
Yes, but as previously discussed, the confusion it (ultimately) causes is a
poor trade-off. The whole problem would be solved if \\ Did The Right Thing,
i.e.
  << { musicA } \\ { musicB }>>
would automagically expand to
  << { \voiceOne musicA } \context Voice = "2" { \voiceTwo musicB }>> \oneVoice
I can take this on as my next Frog task, if it requires no C++. Then, the
documentation can simply use \\ early on (e.g., in the LM), and show what it
does later.
Cheers,Kieren.