Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2012, at 12:06 AM, "Pavel Roskin"
<pro...@gnu.org<mailto:pro...@gnu.org>> wrote:

Quoting Carl Sorensen <c_soren...@byu.edu<mailto:c_soren...@byu.edu>>:

There is no "forced-distance" now.  I can use "minimal-distance", but
there is no guarantee that Lilypond won't increase the distance between
staves.  And Lilypond may do it because of something in another measure.

You can get a fixed distance by setting minimal-distance = basic-distance,
and stretchability = 0.

Thank you, Carl!  It would be an acceptable solution, even though not the best
one.  However, it's not working for me.  Even simple dynamics can break
everything.  This is the "snippet" approach for a change.

The gap between staves is wider and the stems are broken in the second measure.
 Perhaps I misunderstood your suggestion?

Oops, no. I forgot to mention that you should also set padding to be something
like -minimum-distance, or in your example -9.

The staves will now be fixed, but you will need to makesure to leave enough
space for dynamics, etc.

I'm sorry I forgot about the negative padding value that is also needed.

Thanks,

Carl