Il giorno ven 23 dic 2016 alle 17:26, Paul <p...@paulwmorris.com> ha scritto:
Hi Federico, I double-checked and I do/did have the box checked to enable PAE. I tried un-checking it and Virtual Box complained about it right away upon starting up the VM.

So when I get a chance I may try James' approach of using a newer version of Virtual Box, or else your approach with libvirt. (No time at the moment though...)

Today I've installed Virtual Box 5.1.10 on Fedora from rpmfusion.
When I started the machine the first time I got an error about the kernel and I followed VB advice to run two commands as root user:

akmods
systemctl restart systemd-modules-load.service

Then it worked fine.
But Ubuntu doesn't use systemd, right?