On Thu, Jan 5, 2023 at 7:16 AM Werner LEMBERG <w...@gnu.org> wrote:

> The only thing I would like to convince the Cairo people is to add a
> mode to produce PDFs with font references instead of embedding – and
> subsetting – fonts.  My Cairo knowledge is zero; maybe this is already
> possible?

This makes no sense to me as a Cairo feature. Such PDF snippets would
need custom post processing to assemble into the full document. If we
do custom post processing, we might as well postprocess the final PDF
directly to make all snippets point to a single music font object?

IMO, working with a 35mb user manual isn't materially different from
working with a 10mb user manual. Both take a while to download. I also
wonder how people actually use the PDF manual. It's very big to print
out, and compared to the HTML manual, unwieldy to use on screen.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanw...@gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen

  • Re: Missing items t... Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development
    • Re: Missing it... Jean Abou Samra
      • Re: Missin... Werner LEMBERG
        • Re: Mi... Jean Abou Samra
          • Re... Werner LEMBERG