Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

...>If the \mark had a two digit number the lack of quotes

didn't cause any problems. Putting in the quotes fixed it.

This is a bug which I fixed in 1.7 CVS.

So in 1.7 are the quotes necessary? I'd like to move up to 1.7.x for the
ability to put text markup over block rests. How stable is it? I'm
currently running 1.6.8 on Cygwin. To run 1.7 I'd have to run it on Linux
(just have to rearrange some furniture) wouldn't I?

It's fairly stable. We're moving towards a 1.8 release now. The downside is that it requires GUILE 1.6, so you will have to install that by hand.

Guile 1.6 is packaged at Debian unstable. LilyPond 1.6.6-2 in Debian unstable depends on Guile-1.6 (or Guile-1.4)

How far away is Lily 1.8 for Debian unstable?

Or were you only referring to Cygwin?

Paul Scott