Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:

[ Mac OS X 10.2.8; Lilypond 2.0.1 ]

Hello, all --

Just wondering if there's a way to force a dynamic to be the length of the note it is "attached to", but not to go over the (bar-)line if a break occurs at that point.

Here is an example (from Igor Engraver):

Problem is (with Lilypond), when I attach the \! to the last note on the system, the hairpin ends vertically aligned with that note (not what I want); when I attach it to the first line in the next measure, the hairpin "breaks" over the system break (as it should, but also not what I want).

I suppose I could have a second voice with some hidden/skipped notes and attach the dynamics to that, but if there's an easier way, I'd like to know about it.

I think that's it right now. Something like:

You just have to adjust the s values to get what you need.

Paul Scott