chip wrote:

Can a group of notes, maybe the verse, be assigned to a constant? Then the chorus could be assigned to another constant. That would save re-typing all the same notes over several times. Just call the constant at the appropriate time.
I thought I had seen this in the manual but now cannot find it. I'm gonna keep looking in the meantime.

a = \notes{ a4 b c d } % a is a constant/macro

b = \notes{ d1 \a c1 \a } % b is another macro which also references a as \a

music = \notes{ \a \b c4 d e f } % music is either the final part or just another macro,etc/
% music references both b and a

\score{
  \nusic

The same thing can be done with chords or lyrics or whatever.

HTH

Paul Scott