On 04/23/17 01:53, David Wright wrote:
I tried to provoke a problem, but I don't know my kanji from my kana,
and am not sure what you mean by "selectable".

I mean they're marked in blue by ctrl-A or dragging (selected.png).

The greatest zoom I can manage is 1600%, and I can't see the joins.
The H bars were just to follow each of your characters with something.

I'm pretty sure it's just some kind of rounding error in my PDF viewer, but you can see a seam between the first and second bar to right of the kanji in the second row (seam.png).

Also note that the bars on the kana row are a lot longer and thinner than the kanji row.

```
\version "2.18.2"
\markup "━━━かな━━━" %kana
\markup "━━━漢字━━━" %kanji