On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 8:09 AM, Kieren MacMillan [via Lilypond] <
ml+s1069038n202546...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi Johannes,
>
> any ideas how to get a more even - ot lets say rhytmic - distribution of
> the notes with lyrics?
>

> This is an ongoing frustration I have. (I *just* talked about this
> off-list with Abraham a few days ago!)
>
> may be there is a way to get a little bit more even spacing?
>

> There are many ways — but they all require manual effort.

So, the real question is this: can we make LyricText.self-alignment-X
dynamic instead of static? In other words, can we use a springs-like
mechanism between LyricText syllables, but that are more flexible than the
springs-and-rods between NoteColumns? That way, the NoteColumns would more
likely get into their normal rhythmic positions and the LyricText grobs
could float horizontally a bit, pushing each other around within their -1
to 1 self-alignment-X range. I'm only brainstorming, but it seems that this
would be a generally good approach to provide the least disruption of note
spacing.

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Best,
Abraham