Hi Andrew,

well, I think the Lilypond-Homepage should be updated so  that the latest
"developer"-version is strongly recommanded. Compiling a sourcefile is a
batchjob, so where is the harm done when it crashes?

I use windows myself for several reasons (there is software that works on
windows only e.g.) so I don't ask that question. I am considering changing
to Linux but did not do this step until now, it is a big change of habits.
The good news is that younger users seem to prefer Linux, both my kids use
it.

Greetings,
Manuela