Hi, It's been a few years since my last post here.  I'm wondering about the
status of midi2ly.  I just tried the version that came with 2.18.2 and it
seems to handle meter changes incorrectly.  Here's a short example produced
from a midi file imported into MuseScore 2.1

[image: msc2-meter-example.png]

and here's the result of processing what midi2ly produced from the same file

[image: ly-meter-example.png]

The MuseScore output is correct and matches the tempo and meter items
embedded in the original midi file (attached).  I've also verified with 2
different DAW's (Reaper and Logic X) that the midi file is imported
correctly.

The application that produced the midi file is called *tbon*. It's a
shorthand notation language I wrote for projects where fast notation entry
is more important than having the full capabilities of LilyPond.  If you're
curious about tbon, go to https://github.com/Michael-F-Ellis/tbon . The
README has a link to a live online demo.

I'd really rather use LP than MuseScore for the times when I want to
engrave the output from tbon since LP still produces better looking scores,
imo, but not being able to handle meter changes is a showstopper.

Thanks,
Mike
--
Write music faster with Tbon.