Hello Federico,

Thanks for the input. Current score is only ten pages of string quartet
music. Complex yes, but not vast. It suddenly stated after a Debian 9
update.

I love Frescobaldi, but the very sluggish response now of the text editor
is unusable, and I have had to abandon it for Emacs. Emacs is great, but
the indentation is abysmal, and just messes up really quickly. Caught
between two unsatisfactory worlds now. I think I am going to have to take
on the monumental task or rewriting from scratch the lilypond mode
indenting and formatting engine. If I can achieve anything in that area, it
may be a good side effect of this Frescobaldi problem.

Andrew