On 12 Jan 2023, at 07:17, Pierre Perol-Schneider
<pierre.schneider.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kenneth
>
> Le jeu. 12 janv. 2023 à 07:30, Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolc...@gmail.com
> <mailto:kennethwolc...@gmail.com>> a écrit :
>> It is bar #8 that is the incomplete bar in the first repeat volta,
>
> Two possibilities:
> a) ignore the warning, since it compiles OK;
> b) Change the measure length for each voice for this specific measure:
> \set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 2/8)
>  (see:
> https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns.fr.html)
>
> HTH, cheers,
> Pierre

…or you could work around the problem by starting the repeat at the beginning
of the first full bar, and including the E and D# lead-in at the end of bar 8.

Or you could make bar 8 a 2/8 bar.

The former would be easier to read, IMHO, but I’m (very much) an amateur
musician!

Michael