Maybe I was not clear enough in what I said: Of course the code should
be visible all the time. What I mean is the following:
When you have Frescobaldi open with its split window, there is always
one of the two halves active and reacts to input. Say, you are in the
editor, but want to go to a different page of your doc in the music
view, you always have to click into the Music View half of
Frescobaldi's window in order to activate it, so you can use a keyboard
shortcut there. And when you have done this and want to go back to the
editor, you have to click again into the editor pane to activate that
one for more input.

I am looking for a keyboard shortcut for activating whatever pane I
want to be in for input instead of having to click all the time,
because LilyPond is mostly keyboard work. The mouse (at least with me)
is hardly in use...