From: Michael Werner <reznae...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 5, 2024 8:48 AM
To: Dirck Nagy <dn...@uwlax.edu>
Cc: lilypond-user@gnu.org <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: indicate scordatura at beginning of piece

Caution: *External Email: Use caution responding, opening attachments, or
clicking on links.*

Hi Dirck,

On Thu, Apr 4, 2024 at 11:49 PM Dirck Nagy
<dn...@uwlax.edu<mailto:dn...@uwlax.edu>> wrote:
Hi Lilypond

What are my options for indicating scordatura such as the png image at the
bottom of this email?

If this is something that you'll be doing on a regular (or even semi-regular)
basis I'd consider defining a custom header for this. It's pretty easy to do.
The default header block is found at
share/lilypond/2.25.14/ly/titling-init.ly<http://titling-init.ly> under the
lilypond install point. Probably best to copy and paste the header block into
an include file and make your tweaks there. That way it's all there and
accessible but out of the way. To add a custom field at, for example, the very
bottom of the header block, you can simply add a field as such:

<prev lines snipped for brevity>
\fill-line {
\fromproperty #'header:poet
{ \large \bold \fromproperty #'header:instrument }
\fromproperty #'header:composer
}
\fill-line {
\fromproperty #'header:meter
\fromproperty #'header:arranger
}
\fromproperty #'header:scordatura % Line added here

You would then use the newly defined scordatura header field like any other
header:

\header {
title = "Example Title"
composer = "Composer here"
poet = "Poet here"
arranger = "Arranger here"
meter = "Meter here"
scordatura = \markup { \override #'(baseline-skip . 2.75)  % Adjust this value
                      \fontsize #-1.5                     % ... and this one as
needed
                      \column { \line { \circle "6" "= D" }
                                \line { \circle "5" "= G" } } }
}