Hi Jean,

> There might be ways to reduce the importance
> of accidentals in the spacing problem

I’ve tried a couple of different ways, but they are all pretty “destructive”
(e.g., the accidentals are ignored entirely, so they end up on top of each
other and the noteheads). Hopefully I can find a way!

> It's interesting though that adding
>  \override Score.SpacingSpanner.spacing-increment = 5
> in \layout evens out the spacing a lot.

Yes, it does!

> it might be worth trying to flank that measure with \newSpacingSection
> and give it a different spacing-increment.

That goes a long way towards a solution, but (a) the notes still aren’t
perfectly even, and (b) I prefer the tighter spacing of the original layout.

Thanks,
Kieren.

My work day may look different than your work day. Please do not feel obligated
to read or respond to this email outside of your normal working hours.