As I replied in my direct reply - because it's not right.  I asked a friend who
teaches music about the Mikado problem I had and he said:

"Key- C major

Bass note pedals - C-G C-G etc.

Chord in Bar 1 G7 (G B D Fnat = dominant 7th); Chord in Bar 2 C major (CEG)

Each bar has a melody which uses AGF# G with the F# as a chromatical altered
note (lower auxiliary between the 2 Gs) and therefore clashes (to create
interest) with both chords.

Each sounds fine on their own but looks illogical as a whole.

If you can convince LilyPond that the accidentals are in different voices in
the piano part then I would hope it would work.   You could but shouldn't
use a Gb not a F# as the first chordsis a G chord."

Note his final comment - could use a Gb but shouldn't.

--
Phil Holmes