Hi all,

Working with overrides of nested properties, I run into an interesting
problem.

Both overrides of 'color produce the same result, but the override of
'bound-details set to the lambda expression does nothing.  I've noticed
this with other attempted overrides of nested properties such as
'bound-details 'left 'padding.

(My example is pretty silly, but it's as simple as I can make it.)

\version "2.15.16"

\relative c'' {
  \override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'left #'text = #(lambda (grob)
"hi") % doesn't work
  %\override TextSpanner #'bound-details #'left #'text = #"hi"
  %\override TextSpanner #'color = #red
  \override TextSpanner #'color = #(lambda (grob) red)  %works
  c\startTextSpan d e f\stopTextSpan
}

Is there a detail of syntax I'm getting wrong here, or is this a limitation
of \override?

-David