On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM, David Nalesnik <david.nales...@gmail.com>wrote:

I've come up with a simpler variant which makes use of the 'dashed-line
> function.  (I didn't use this initially because I couldn't figure out how
> to get the roundedness of the line segments to match the ordinary stem's
> and also because I wanted to ensure a full-length dash at top and bottom.)

Hmmm,  Setting 'blot-diameter like I did actually affects regular stems and
the newly-drawn stems not at all...  So I guess the earlier method is the
way to go.  (That is, unless there is a way to change the rounding of the
'dashed-line stencil, or if such things really don't matter!)  Those
functions using 'round-filled-box could be tailored to match the
capabilities of 'dashed-line.

Best,
David