Hi Jan-Peter,

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM, Jan-Peter Voigt <jp.vo...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello list, hello David,
>
> I have two questions concerning the \shape command (2.15.40) created by
> David Nalesnik:
>
> 1. Is it possible to shape ties in a chord?
>
> { \shape Tie #'(((0 . 0)(0 . 1)(0 . -1)(0 . 0))((0 . 0)(0 . 1)(0 . -1)(0 .
> 0))) <c' e' g' b'>1 ~ | q4 }

Unfortunately, no.  It should be fairly straightforward to define a command
to operate on unbroken/broken stacks of ties, and I can look into this.

> 2. In the development version warnings were given and a color was used to
> indicate a mismatch of offset count and number of curves in a broken one.
> What is the reason to not include that into the release?
>
> My thinking here was to get the basic functionality into the code base,
and these warnings are helpful but not strictly necessary.   (They were
designed to be part of a slur-editing tool and might be more suitable for
now as an enhancement on the LSR--opinions welcome!)

Best,
David