On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, guy keren wrote:

> meanwhile, others (groupB) will check (discuss and _implement_) code that
> will use X properties to handle the communications.

Who wants to do that? (maybe take this discussion off the list?)

Anyway: I want to try implement in biditext finding the toplevel window. A
couple of obvious problems:

* I figure it is best to use the application's toplevel window, and not
  the one supplied by the window manager through reparenting. Is there a
  way to tell that a window is an application's top-level window?

* [an interesting spacial case] Any smart ideas for what to do with
  biditext.so running from a window manager? I guess that for the moment
  we can ignore this.

Anyway, maybe it will be useful to start with puting a global property on
the root window.

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]