On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Michael Hope <michael.h...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi there.  I ran a build of gcc-linaro-4.5+bzr99491 on ursa1 through 4
> to see if there was any difference in build machines.  The following
> tests had different results:
>
>  * gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-structnest.c
>  * gcc.dg/graphite/block-4.c
>  * largefile.c
>  * obj-c++.dg/template-5.mm
>  * obj-c++.dg/template-5.mm
>  * obj-c++.dg/template-6.mm
>  * obj-c++.dg/template-6.mm
>  * objc/execute/class-4.m
>
> I suspect that they're all caused by running the testsuite in parallel
> and the host running out of memory.  limits-structnest takes around
> 850 MB of RAM and passes on the machine with swap (ursa1) and fails on
> the others.  block-4.c takes 2:35 to run and timed out on ursa1 and
> passed on the others which may be due to ursa1 swapping heavily while
> running a limit test in parallel.  The obj-c tests show various forms
> of killed, and suggest that they were killed due to another process
> taking all the memory.
>
> I'll change the machines to use the full 1 G of memory, run the test
> suite in sequential mode, and see how things go.  I haven't
> investigated largefile.c - it's a PCH test and these fail randomly.

I've set all machines to mem=992M (1 G causes the board to die during
build) and added 256 MB of swap on MMC as a safeguard.  After doing
this all four boards gave the same result when running the testsuite
in sequential mode.

The PCH results including largefile.c are still random.  All boards
have heap randomisation turned off so it's not that.  I'll look into
it further.

-- Michael