== This week ==

* Looked a bug report that the fix for LP #736007 had caused regressions
  on powerpc-darwin.  It turned out to be a target-specific bug; the
  backend has the same const_vector code as i386 and spu, but the fix for
  PR34856 was never applied there.  I'll submit the patch (and backport to
  Linaro 4.6) once the bug submitter has had a chance to test it.

* Experimented with -falign-loops.  Found that it triggered a bug in the
  ARM minipool layout code.  Posted patch upstream and committed.
  Backported to 4.6.

* Committed patch to allow globs in define_bypass.

* Updated auto inc/dec patch after comments from Bernd and Stephen.
  I'm pretty happy with it now, but there are a couple of prerequisite
  patches I need to sort out first.

* Started getting those prerequisites ready.

* Decided that we needed something a bit more subtle than my original
  insn_rtx_cost patch: at the moment, we simply don't use rtx costs
  for lvalues.  Wrote a series of patches to "improve" the rtx_cost
  interface, including providing the outer operand number and an
  indication of whether the rtx is an lvalue or an rvalue.

* Upgraded my laptop.  This turnted out to be more eventful than
  anticipated, and ended up taking a whole day.

== Next week ==

* Post auto inc/dec preparatory patches for review.  Hopefully post
  an RFA for the pass itself.

Richard