On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 5:00 AM, ezjd <entropy....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/07/2012 05:45 AM, Andrew Stubbs wrote:
>

> Sorry, but no, the *binary* toolchains are configured for ARMv7, and even if
> you pass the "-march=armv6" flag that doesn't change the configuration of
> libgcc and the other precompiled bit-and-bobs that get linked in.
>
> If you build your own compiler from the Linaro sources then you can program
> it with any options you like. We test that ARMv5 works, so it's likely that
> ARMv6 will be fine (probably).
>
> Andrew
>
> Thanks. I will try codesourcery toolchain too.

We use crosstool-NG to build the monthly binary toolchains.  You might
want to consider using the build scripts and source release at:
 https://launchpad.net/linaro-toolchain-binaries/+download

and reconfigure it for ARMv6 toolchain.

I've added a note on this topic and instructions on building your own at:

https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/ToolChain/BinaryBuild#Earlier_architectures

We might add multilib support in the future which would help this
particular use case.

-- Michael