On 8 June 2012 17:23, Akash D <aka...@renuelectronics.com> wrote:
> Hello  Sir/Madam,
>
> I am using MK60FN1M0VLQ12 (COTREX-M4) processor for my development.
>
> I am using float and double data types in my code. When I perform any
> mathematical operation on these variables, the processor goes to Hard Fault
> Exception.
>
> Earlier I have used GCC  4.5.2 compiler for my compilation
>
> So now I am using Linaro’s GNU-GCC Toolchain 4.6.2 for compiling my code
> with following command.

Hi Akash.  Could you confirm which compiler you are using.  Is it this one:
 http://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded

or this one:
 https://launchpad.net/linaro-toolchain-unsupported

If you run 'arm-none-eabi-gcc --version', what version number does it show?

> arm-none-eabi-gcc -Wall -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mcpu=cortex-m4
> -mthumb -Qn -Os  -mlong-calls -c main.c -o main.o
>
> But I am getting following error while linking my code
>
> ld: section .text.startup loaded at [00032258,000331cb] overlaps section
> .InitializedVariables loaded at [00032258,00032787]
>
> The link file is attached with this mail.

I couldn't find the attachment.  Could you resend it please?

-- Michael