On 24 August 2013 09:08, Michael Hope <micha...@juju.net.nz> wrote:

> I had a hack and set up a chroot on my Tegra 3 OUYA to run distcc.
> With the Wandboard driving and a 'ninja make -j12', LLVM 3.3 built in
> 75 minutes (meh).  You really need the 2 GiB of RAM - the 650 MiB left
> on the OUYA plus the occasional four 250 MiB g++ hurts.

Hi Michael,

Is this LLVM+Clang? Just LLVM in 75 minutes is quite a lot, even for a
Tegra3.

For distcc, you really want to use ninja pools:

http://www.systemcall.org/blog/2013/02/distributed-compilation-on-a-pandaboard-cluster/

It'll speed up your linking and reduce the memory footprint. What I really
wanted was that distcc would know the linking dependencies during
compilation and compile the same groups on the same boards, so that linking
could *also* happen on a distributed fashion, but I'm not considering
implementing that myself. ;)

About the pump-mode slow-down, I think it was the network, that was done
over Wifi due to limitations on the office network, but I'm not sure.

cheers,
--renato