On 01/30/2015 08:24 AM, Christopher Covington wrote:
> We've noticed that in the 14.11 toolchain binary release that the .asc files
> contain md5sums instead of PGP signatures. Would it be possible to either
> switch these files to contain signatures or change the filename to indicate
> that they contain md5sums?

  As of 2014.11, we're using new software to produce binary tarballs, so
things have changed considerably. Yes, we are now using md5sums instead
of GPG signing, since none of the other teams at Linaro sign their releases.

> I also noticed that an md5sum is missing:
>
> http://releases.linaro.org/14.11/components/toolchain/binaries/armeb-linux-gnueabihf/gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11-x86_64_armeb-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz.asc

  That looks like it failed to get uploaded to releases.linaro.org.

> Finally, there appears to be some inconsistent usage of tuples in the download
> directories. Would it be possible to use the same tuple for a particular
> toolchain everywhere that tuple is used? For example, for the arm-none-eabi
> toolchain, the directory is "arm-none-eabi", but the compiler tarball has only
> "arm-eabi".

  I was trying to save characters, as the names were getting kinda long.
:-) After discussion, I'll go back to using the full triplet name. You
won't see this change till the next quarterly release though. (in Feb)

    - rob -