Bug #16633, was updated on 2010-Jan-05 15:21
Here is a current snapshot of the bug.

Project: LinCityNG
Category: None

Details: I just installed 2.0 on Gentoo Linux.
I start the game from terminal and create a new world.
The cpu usage goes to near 100%, and the game runs really slow, say 2-3fps.

Terminal output:
Starting lincity-ng (version 2.0)...
[/home/letharion/.lincity-ng] is in the search path.
[/usr/share/games/lincity-ng] is in the search path.
[/home/letharion/.lincity-ng] is the write directory.
Language is "en_US".
 fast = 9
OpenGL Mode 1024x768
 ldsv_version = 1322
Starting lincity-ng (version 2.0)...
[/home/letharion/.lincity-ng] is in the search path.
[/usr/share/games/lincity-ng] is in the search path.
[/home/letharion/.lincity-ng] is the write directory.
Language is "en_US".
 fast = 9
OpenGL Mode 1024x768
 ldsv_version = 1322