Bug #17530, was updated on 2010-Sep-23 02:36
Here is a current snapshot of the bug.

Project: LinCityNG
Category: unreproducible

Details: Overall plays well.

Crash easily repeatable. For a very long whether you play the game aggressively
or conservatively it plays well except for some other non-critical bugs.

The real problem is that when the game becomes very "busy" the game may
suddenly crash and go to black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left
corner.

If the game is exited when the game is very busy... often before but certainly
about the time that solar plants become available then when the game is exited
voluntarily the game will exit, flash approx a quarter sized screen (VGA?) then
go to black screen with the blinking cursor. The only way to proceed is to hit
CTL-ALT-F5 which seems to logout and exit to command line mode.

Logging in as the original User returns to the pre-CTL-ALT-F5 crash (blinking
cursor in top left on a black screen).
Logging in as a different User is possible, but when attempting to STARTX a
debugging error displays which indicates the X Server is already running on
instance 0 (zero) and another X Server cannot be started.

Didn't try to stop the X Server at that point I've just been doing a
shutdown/restart.

Without viewing any logfiles, to my eye this looks like a memory bounding error
where addresses are improperly written to either when the game has become
overly active/busy or something happens when the game exits.

OS:
OpenSuSE 11.3, KDE 4.4.4
kernel 2.6.34.7-0.2

Hardware:
Pavillion dv9500
Core2 Duo T7500 (2.2GHz)
4GB RAM
GeForce 8600M GS (latest nVidia drivers from nVidia website)
1680x1050

Follow-Ups: