Dear Michael Christen, and everybody

My short answer to your questions : YES :-)

>> - do you believe it would be possible to integrate the subject
>> 'energy saving' into LinCityNG? (ideas about that? .. type of
>> heating, energy price, availabiliy in the city gas/oil/distric
>> heating, solar energy panels on houses etc)

Yes, I like this idea, and LinCity already have energy sources(wood, coal, wind, sun), power lines, roads and pollution (coal power stations produce a lot of air pollution)

It is possible to add energy in houses, insulation, and other energy consideration, it needs time...

>> - do you believe it would be possible to use OpenStreetMap data to auto-construct cities (LARGE cities) in LinCityNG?

There is (was?) one OpenStreetMap man on the list, the question was asked some times ago. Technically it is possible, but the result may be fun (lincity road are only Nort-South or East-West, and all buildings would be identical unless we have a graphist)

>> If this could be done, then maybe it would be nice to approach the city administration in Frankfurt again to suggest a project to actually implement such a functionality. This would mean to possibly get money to get this done. But this is just an idea. Not a promise. If I get a 'yes' from you we may plan what to do very carefully.

I cannot promise either, but i am interested.

Cheers
Alain