2013/8/10 Wolfgang Becker <u...@gmx.de>:
> On 2013-08-06 Volkan Gezer <volkange...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just noticed that not all PO files are updated with the latest POT
>> file. Should I do it or is there anyone who is responsible for the
>> translations?
>
> Is there any reason to update the .po files if the translation
> itself is not updated? If so this should be done automatically
> otherwise IMO it is better if the translator updates the file when
> necessary to avoid confusion about the state of translation. At the
> moment you can see from the modification date of the po files in SVN
> if a translation is outdated.

I am not sure if there is a script who checks for POT file to update
PO files. For example, for Turkish, the total number of strings
(untranslated, translated and fuzzy) were less than POT file. I
completed the files and did not realize until I opened the POT file. I
saw some extra strings.

Also in help pages the same problem. There were some missing files
that I needed to copy from help/en.

We can update only PO files which have not been updated after POT file
is updated for example. The other way is to note on wiki/translate
page saying that updating the existing language PO file from POT
before sending.