De :
linphone-users-bounces+julien.fb=belledonne-communications....@nongnu.org
<linphone-users-bounces+julien.fb=belledonne-communications....@nongnu.org>
De la part de John Coemans
Envoyé : jeudi 31 août 2023 08:15
À : linphone-users@nongnu.org
Objet : [Linphone-users] Linphone on Raspberry PI4 + Python wrapper/binding

Dears

I am trying to use Linphone on Raspberry PI4, using the h/w accelerated H264
video codec. With the Raspberry PI OS distributions, it looks like only the
s/w VP8 codec is provided. With the Ubuntu distribution for the PI H264 is
supported. So here are my questions :

1.      how can I use the h/w accelerated H264 video codec on Raspberry PI
OS (Buster or Bullseye) ? Do I *simply* need to recompile the source code
for Linphone ?
2.      despite H264 working with the Ubuntu distribution I notice that the
video quality is quite different depending on who is initiating the call : I
have 2 devices : 1 Android smartphone and 1 PI4 running Ubuntu, both are
running Linphone and both are on the same private WIFI. When the call is
initiated by the PI to the smartphone, the video quality is perfect, but
when the call is initiated from the smartphone to the PI then the video
quality is poor and I can see that the H264 codec is loosing frames. How can
I have the same video quality regardless of who initiates the call ?
3.      I would be interested in using the python wrapper/binding, but it
looks no more available ? Would somebody know if there is a plan to revive
this or a beta version available somewhere ?

Thanks

Best Regards

John