The costs of the various Linux distributions vary greatly depending upon the
distributor.  One charges based on CPU type (lower charges for the MP3K,
higher for the z900, with the ), the others I think have pretty much the same
prices across the board.

I'm pretty sure they all come with defect support.  Which means if there is a
defect in any of the distributed code, they will find or build a fix for it.
Also included is new build support.  A number of times a year you can get a
new build of Linux, which includes any new packages or kernels that have been
made available since the last build.  Using the new code is entirely up to
you, just like using a new release of VSE or VM.

None of the distributions, even with defect support and new builds, was even
close to $70K.

--
Rich Smrcina
Sytek Services, Inc.

Catch the WAVV!  Stay for Requirements and the Free for All!
Update your S/390 skills in 4 days for a very reasonable price.
WAVV 2002 in Cincinnati (Fort Mitchell, KY).
April 12-16, 2002
For details see http://www.wavv.org