> The only folks that would really be in trouble are those who wrote code to
> mathmaticaly map some data value into a CCHHRR value, which is what Direct
> Access Method originally did. These people would have to come up with a way
> to convert their "key" value to a relative record number instead of a CCHHR

VTOCs use keyed records, and AFAIK it's possible to share disks between
DOS and OS families (heard of the DOS contamination bit?). The file I
had in mind in the example below is the VTOC.

BDAM can use keyed records.

Partitioned dataset directories are keyed files.

Or have these things changed over the years?