From: Marcy Cortes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 4:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Linux security questions

I have to find some answers to these questions for our security
plan (why is that part always harder than the install).  This is
for SuSE 2.4.7 kernel.

1. How can I enforce a password to contain at least 1
   numeric, 1 alpha, and 1 special character?

2. How can I lockout a userid after 3 bad attempts at
   password

3. How can I set a login to timeout if a valid userid/pwd
   is not entered within 2 minutes?

Thanks in advance!

Marcy Cortes
VM Systems Programming