Sorry - forgot a subject

I'm trying to patch the vanilla 2.4.17 kernel with the
ACL patches from bestbits. I won't go through the gory details,
but twice I've patched, rebuilt, run zipl - but on reboot I get:
-----------------------------------
Parallelizing fsck version 1.19a (13-Jul-2000)
fsck.ext2: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/dasdb1
(null):
filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

fsck.ext2 /dev/dasdb1 failed (status 8)! Run it manually!
 7 [1A  [80C [10D [1;31mfailed [m  8
fsck failed.  Please repair manually and reboot. The root
file system is currently mounted read-only. To remount it
read-write do:

   bash# mount -n -o remount,rw /
and have not been able to "repair manually".  Has anyone seen this?
Might this be related to the zipl issue (bug) that has been mentioned
in the past?  Thanks.

          -Mike MacIsaac,  IBM   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (845) 433-7061

          -Mike MacIsaac,  IBM   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (845) 433-7061