Well, we don't actually use AUXPROC any more.  Our use of that was
irreparably broken in CMS 11 by VM53624, and about the same time ASMAHL
user exits became a better way to go anyway.  But yes we do have a
system that allows a CMS user to read and write files on a Unix system
using CSL calls and SFS fileid syntax.  The unix file system just looks
like an SFS filepool.  We do assembler input and output this way in our
user exits, as well as other kinds of I/O.  We can even XEDIT unix files
using XSFS and execute unix-resident rexx execs using DIREXEC (both of
the latter two tools are already on the IBM download page).

The other people who worked on developing this system are still here at
SAS and are receptive to releasing their code.  I'll see what I can put
together if there's interest but it may take some time to clean it up
and remove internal stuff and package it in a way that makes sense.  Not
sure what I can do about dependencies on SAS/C.

---
Kent Fiala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> SAS Institute, Cary NC 27513 919-531-6646