From: Peter E. Abresch Jr. - at Pepco [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 5:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Using Samba 2.2.4-copy function

I also see this problem. When I use Microsoft Explorer to copy many files,
the Linux system seems to hang. I get response from the HMC console but
cannot get new SSH sessions. Users get extremely slow if any response. I
have to reboot. Obviously we do not have this in production.

I am using the beta SuSE kernel 2.4.7 and Samba 2.2.0a. Is this a SuSE
problem or a Samba problem? We are just testing Linux and are not
currently paying for support. Is there a patch I can apply or am I caught
in a catch-22?

Thanks for any response.

Peter E. Abresch Jr.

"Hall, Ken (ECSS)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/06/2002 10:23 AM
Please respond to Linux on 390 Port